Thursday, April 9, 2015

Hand Carried Baggage : Do's and Dont's

“Now everyone can fly”, quoted from the slogan of Air Asia, traveling has becoming a very common thing nowadays and not the privilege of rich. As a frequent flyer, I’m always having problems with my luggage and eventually I have come out with a list all about my must-have items in my hand carry.

Before go on with my list, herewith some information of the hand carry restriction for most of the airport. First of all, cabin luggage is generally known as hand carry as I mentioned earlier. The hand carry luggage or cabin baggage has certain restriction on their size where should not exceed the dimensions of 56cm x36cm x 23cm [20’] and not weight more than 7kg. Besides, there are several guidelines on the liquid to carry abroad. Passengers are only allowed to carry liquid, gel, or aerosol in container of 100ml [3.4ounce] or less in their hand carried baggage. All these containers must be packed in one transparent, re-sealable plastic bag of not more than 1litre capacity. Kindly check with your respective airline for further details.

First of all, my skin care and cosmetic are very important for me to have in my hand carry.  But there are several restrictions on the liquid, aerosol and gel to carry abroad. So, I use to have some miniature for my skin care and cosmetic and please make sure all of these are well-sealed in a transparent bag,

Skin Care
Cosmetic
Facial Cleanser + Toner + Moisturizer
Liquid Foundation + Make Up Remover
Hair Shampoo + Conditioner + Shower Gel
Fragrance
Lip Balm + Sun Block
Eye Liner + Mascara + Lashes Curler
Mask Sheet + Facial Cream
Lipstick + Lip Gloss
Toothpaste + Toothbrush
Compact Powder + Blusher + Loose Powder
Hair Serum + Hair Spray + Hair Mousse


For styling purpose, I use to bring along my hot roller for my hair. Always check with the hotel does the hair dryer provided.

For the clothing part, do remember your towel, pyjamas and inner wear always. You may bring some clothes that suit for occasions. Light color blazer and dark color jumpsuit are always best match for me in most of the occasions. Few pieces of sanitary pad are a must in my hand luggage.  

Phone charger and laptop charger are very important for everyone. Of cause, don’t forget about your universal adapter and extension. If you forgot to bring along the chargers, you may refer the reception. Based on my experience as hotel receptionist, guests always left their charger, cable, and universal adapter behind. You may lend from the lost and found counter if you needed it badly.


Last but not least, your passport plays very important roles unless you’re travelling within your homeland. Always make sure your passport has at least six months from the expired date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment