Friday, October 17, 2014

As an INTERN in Genting Highland



Dear readers,

This is my very first update during my internship... After a long day working, finally I have little time to spend on my little interest as blog writing...

Many would feel curious to my life here? Is the weather cool here? Is everything alright here? How is the employees' life at Genting Highland?

Compared to others intern, my course mate, my friends, I'm considered the lucky one. As an intern here, I don't to worry about my accommodation, traffic jam, my transportation to work, and even meal. As an intern, I'm entitled for free meal in selected outlet, so called Genting Restaurant, such as Good Friend, New Orleans, Bubble and Bites, and so on. I don't have to worry the living cost. And of cause, I entitled allowance for every month as most of the interns do. Besides, I also entitled for many so called employee discount in most of the outlet. As an intern of Genting Highland Resorts, I'm entitled for uncountable benefits here.

Everything has both bright side and dark side. Some people might see that I'm having fun here and entitled for many benefits as I mentioned above, However, I have to work very hard and I might requested to stay back until very late. I was starting from zero. I'm learning from zero. I'm learning and keep absorbing. From how to send an email  to how to manage on a event. I made mistakes, of cause. I'm just a human, who have no experience on managing an corporate event as what I'm doing now. I keep making mistakes. I'm careless. Of cause, I frustrated. I upset. I emotional. I keep learning, from day to day. Sometime, I could feel that my colleagues are upset wit me due to those mistakes I've made. I troubled on people's work. Sometime, my colleagues might asking how come I could made so much of mistake. I would complain in mind. Why are they so fussy, why they even checked my alignment and asked me to redo again. 

Day after day, I'm trained. I'm well trained. From zero until now, I check every single things even alignment, I even used my finger point on the screen to make sure that my alignment is correct and flawless. I double checked everything before send. And now, I'm able to handle my work without my mentor's proof check. I can manage my work well. When I feel uncertain, I'm able to voice up to ask confidently and check with my colleagues, instead of thinking to ask or not to ask. And now, I could manage a event well, under my mentor's supervision. I'm glad that I've been given so much chances to manage so many event. For example, dinner show, musical, concert and so on. I'm also learning on how to deal with people. I love my life here. I'm trying to learn as many as possible and my life here is very contented. 

Last but not least, if the time can be flashed back and I have more choices to choose. I would tell that, I'll never regret what I've chose. One last thing, enjoy what you've chose.

I appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment